Saturday, April 28

Cream Puffs

The other day I was looking through an old cookbook and I came across a recipe for Cream Puffs.  I enjoy making desserts and pastries so I thought I'd give this one a try. 


They turned out very good but oddly shaped.  I decided to fill it with sliced strawberries and marshmallow cream with some chocolate syrup on the outside.  It only took about 10 minutes to prepare and 30-40 to bake.  All in all a very successful recipe. 

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup boiling water
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs

1. Boil water and then melt butter in it.
2. Once the butter is melted put in flour and salt.
3. Stir constantly until the mixture comes off the sides and forms a ball.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Blend in eggs one at a times, beat vigorously after each until mixture is smooth.
6. Put on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Turn oven off, prick puff with a knife and put back into the over for 20 minutes to dry out the center.
8. Let cool and then fill it with whatever you desire!